Family.... what is this really?
As I was looking at a family’s member blog this hit me rather hard. I have wasted the better part of 20 years of memories and love with some of my family. About 16 years ago I got a call from another family member stating that my grandparents were far too old to be tending my girls. It seems they are not too old anymore since they are always tending others. So my response to this was OK than…… and I never had MY/OUR grandparents ever tend my girls again. I gave all the power to them and now 16 years later I see that not only did I give them the power I also let it cost me the relationship I had with them and the one that my girls could have had and deserved. There once was a day that I spent a lot of time at my grandparent’s home. I use to walk over their daily just to practice the piano. And now I bet months go by without talking to them. I feel like the bad person in the family. I really wish that I could change some things in life… but we all know that we can’t so I guess I will just have to live with it. The part I would not change is the wonderful family that I have. I have three beautiful girls and a GREAT husband. I only hope that I have done any justice in rising them right. I know at times they all three think I am stupid and crazy at the same time. I know that a few of them are still in the stages of not really liking me….. even though I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART! I am in hopes this stage does not last very long. So enough of all this…. I am stoked to making a change in not letting my stubborn self get the best of me, and for not letting family…… run me off anymore. After all is your family suppose to be family not your judge!
4 comments:
Amber I left Lainey for 5 min while I went to feed our chickens and I wouldnt have left her but she BEGGED to stay!
You could always just move to Georgia and be away from all that and not care what they said in the first place :)
I cried when I read this. I cried for all the time you missed with your grandparents who are such special people. I cried for the hurt that you endured. But I also celebrated for the realization you've reached. Don't let other people, especially those who seem to think it is their job to judge, determine how you live your life. Just remember to be the loving person that you are. That's all that counts.
P.S. We love you!
Post a Comment